Mugen Taiko..... exploring the limitless possibilities of the taiko drum
"Mugen" means limitless and "Mugenkyo" means limitless reverberation, expressing our belief that Taiko has no limitations, no musical or geographical boundaries; the reverberations of Taiko spread throughout the world. Mugenkyo's aim is to develop taiko drumming as a contemporary European performing art, both in its pure form, and in collaboration with other artists & disciplines.
Welcome to taiko.co.uk
- Mugenkyo Taiko Drummers is a professional touring group performing a full-length concert at theatres, festivals & collaborations with other art forms.
- We are based at the Mugen Taiko Dojo, a purpose-built centre in Scotland, where we run a training programme, whose members undertake performances as the Dojo Performance Team. Find out about our audition process to join us at the Dojo.
- We also run residential workshops, courses in Scotland & schools outreach across the UK.
- We have released a range of CD's & DVD's, which can be found at our shop.
- Check out our latest news & upcoming performances, sign up to our newsletter, or contact us to find out more.
Mugenkyo Taiko Drummers
Dojo Performance Team
Stop Press >>>
- The Mugenkyo team are on tour at the moment, travelling up & down the UK. Thank you to everyone for coming to the concerts, and also for all your positive feedback on our facebook page. May Tour Dates
- Our introductory weekend workshops are filling up fast, so book up soon! Come & try out taiko drumming at the base & HQ of Mugenkyo Taiko Drummers, with dates in September & November. See more info about the weekend workshop. Book a place.
- Our next Glasgow & Edinburgh courses begin in June: 12 June in Edinburgh and 26 June in Glasgow. Join us to learn the piece "Kitsune Daiko" or "Mitsu-uchi". Find out more.
- The festival season begins! Mugenkyo will be performing in Glasgow for the multicultural Glasgow Mela festival (15 June) and at the newly opened Cottiers Kelvinbridge Theatre with a full-length "Way of the Drum" show (20 & 21 June). This year sees a return visit to the Bradford Mela (16 June) following a very successful performance last year.
- The Dojo performance team, having just started their festival season in Dundee & Coventry, will be performing on 26 May at the Edinburgh Marathon for the 3rd year running! The Dojo will be performing at the Glasgow Mela (15 & 16 June), Get Active Festival in Strathclyde Park (1 June) and the Ashfield Show (6 July).