Mugen Taiko..... exploring the limitless possibilities of the taiko drum
"Mugen" means limitless and "Mugenkyo" means limitless reverberation, expressing our belief that Taiko has no limitations, no musical or geographical boundaries; the reverberations of Taiko spread throughout the world. Mugenkyo's aim is to develop taiko drumming as a contemporary European performing art, both in its pure form, and in collaboration with other artists & disciplines.
Welcome to taiko.co.uk
- Mugenkyo Taiko Drummers is a professional touring group performing a full-length concert at theatres, festivals & collaborations with other art forms.
- We are based at the Mugen Taiko Dojo, a purpose-built centre in Scotland, where we run a training programme, whose members undertake performances as the Dojo Performance Team. Find out about our audition process to join us at the Dojo.
- We have a range of shows & performances.
- We also run residential workshops, courses in Scotland & schools outreach across the UK.
- We have released four CD's & three DVD's, plus other merchandise which can be found on our online shop.
- Check out our latest news & upcoming performances, sign up to our newsletter, or contact us to find out more.
Mugenkyo Taiko Drummers
Dojo Performance Team
Stop Press >>>
- For the most up to date Mugenkyo news please see our facebook page.
- Our ten week evening courses are moving to Monday nights! The course will begin in Glasgow on the 8th September and in Edinburgh on 15th Sept: details are here or email email@example.com for more information.
- We will also be offering a few drop-in Taster Sessions for anyone interested in trying out taiko for the first time. These are available in both Glasgow and Edinburgh and afterwards participants will have the opportunity to join the full ten week course.
- In 2014 Mugenkyo have already toured the UK, performed in Dubai, Milan, Kuwait and Livingston, and they are not slowing down. For the full list of all our concerts in Scotland this Summer, and around the UK during Autumn, click here.
- Come & try out taiko drumming at the base & HQ of the Mugenkyo Taiko Drummers, with places for our Weekend Workshops available 20/21 September and 8/9 November 2014. See more info about our Weekend Workshops. Book a place.
- We also have a brand spanking new facebook page for our Dojo - Lots of lovely photographs of our Spring Workshops and Central Belt Courses here.
- Don't miss your chance to snap up a beautiful limited edition T-shirt celebrating 20 years of Mugenkyo - now on sale at our online shop.
- We also have our own YouTube channel full of live performances and showreels. Click here to view!